Cross-Wiki WeekendTo celebrate Nintendo's birthday on September 23rd, NIWA is hosting a Cross-Wiki Weekend Event!
From September 23rd - 25th, everyone is invited to constructively edit NIWA wikis that they have never (or infrequently) edited before. Whether it's adding some new content, uploading an image, or adding a reference, we want you to take your experience and love for Nintendo to a new wiki.
At the end of the event, one random participant will win a $20 Nintendo e-Shop Gift Card! At the end of the event, submit your contributions using the button at the bottom of this page.
Visit our forum thread to discuss the event with other editors.
GoalsWhy are we hosting this event? In addition to being a fun way of celebrating Nintendo's birthday, we hope this event...
- ...exposes editors to new wikis
- ...promotes cooperation between NIWA wikis
- ...provides more support for smaller wikis
- ...creates some new long-term editors
RulesBefore participating, please take a few moments to review these rules - especially if you want a shot at the prize!
- The event starts at 00:01 (UTC) on Friday, September 23, and runs until 23:59 (UTC) on Sunday, September 25.
- To participate, contribute to at least one NIWA wiki that you have never (or rarely) contributed to.
- Contributions should improve the wiki in some way. Minor edits such as small grammar fixes, vandalism reversions, and formatting are great, but only edits that are a bit more substantial will count for this contest. Try some of the following:
- Adding new prose to articles.
- Copy-editing large sections or entire articles.
- Adding references to verify information.
- Uploading photos.
- Creating new articles.
- Categorizing pages.
- Adding template documentation.
- As long as you make at least one non-minor edit, you're eligible to win the prize.
- Each wiki is a bit different! Become familiar with the differing guidelines, styling, and policies of each wiki. Reach out to each wiki's help resources if you have any questions.
- At the end of the event, fill out and submit the participation form below by September 30th for a chance to win the prize. Even if you don't want the prize, we appreciate you filling the form out for statistical purposes.
Editing GuideWe've compiled a list of information, guides, and ways to get started for all our NIWA wikis. If you're unsure of where to begin, you'll hopefully find these links useful. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with each wiki's rules and customs before diving in.
- Bulbapedia: Help Desk
- Donkey Kong Wiki: Community Portal
- Dragon Quest Wiki: Community Portal
- Fire Emblem Wiki: To-do List
- F-Zero Wiki: Community Portal
- Golden Sun Universe: Help Guide
- Hard Drop: None
- Icaruspedia: Getting Started
- Inkipedia: Maintenance Tasks - Current Projects
- Lylat Wiki: Maintenance Categories
- Metroid Wiki: Maintenance Tasks - Projects
- NintendoWiki: Maintenance Categories
- Nookipedia: Maintenance Tasks
- Pikipedia: Maintenance Tasks - Projects
- SmashWiki: Maintenance Tasks - Easy tasks
- Starfy Wiki: Community Portal
- StrategyWiki: Guide - Community Portal
- MarioWiki: Maintenance Tasks
- Wars Wiki: Editing disabled
- WikiBound: Community Portal
- Wikirby: Contents
- Zelda Wiki: Help Guide - Getting Involved
FormAt the end of the event, please report your contributions by filling out the following form by September 30th. Filling out the form is also how you enter yourself for a chance to win the prize.
DrawingThe winner of the contest is determined by random draw. Editors who make non-minor and quality contributions to a wiki receive two entries into the drawing, while participants who make minor contributions receive one. Be sure to make some substantive edits for a greater chance of winning!
While event organizers are free to participate, they are disallowed from entering the drawing and winning the prize.
ConclusionThank you to everyone who participated! We received a total of 14 valid entries from editors both new and old. Participants from 5 NIWA wikis and the outside public contributed to 10 NIWA wikis, with contributions including new articles, file uploads, template creation, and more. Thank you to the following participants:
We look forward to hosting this event again next year!
Event organized by SuperHamster, Serpent King, and Espyo.
Disclaimer: There is no purchase necessary to win. Participants need only meet the requirements listed in the rules above. In questionable cases, final discretion of eligibility is determined by the host of the event. The prize will be a $20 Nintendo e-Shop Gift Card. If participant is in a country where an e-Shop Gift Card is not usable (region restrictions, no e-Shop support, etc.), another prize of equal value will be coordinated with the winner. Winner is determined by a random drawing, with all participants having an equal chance of winning.