The Nintendo Direct on January 18, 2017 is a Fire Emblem Direct. Airing at 2 PM PT, the Nintendo Direct featured multiple upcoming games in the Fire Emblem series, including the reveal of the Fire Emblem mobile game.
In English, the presentation was narrated by Yuri Lowenthal.
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Announces a full remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden for Nintendo 3DS. Presents a basic synopsis of the game, including the story and gameplay. The game is set to launch in May 2017.
- Fire Emblem for Nintendo Switch - Announces that another new installment in the Fire Emblem series is currently in development for Nintendo Switch, the first home console installment since Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. The game is scheduled for release in 2018.
- Fire Emblem Warriors - Shows an extended cut of the trailer shown at the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017, now including a first look at gameplay. The game is set to be released in fall 2017, for both Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3DS.
- Fire Emblem Heroes - Reveals the Fire Emblem mobile game, giving an overview of the game's story and gameplay. Also announces "Fire Emblem Heroes: Choose Your Legends", a contest in which users vote for their favorite units throughout every installment in the series, the two winners (male and female) receiving special units in-game. The game is set to be released on Google Play on February 2, with an App Store release to be announced.
- Tomorrow’s Fire Emblem Direct will feature multiple titles, revealing mobile game. Nintendo Everything (January 17, 2017). Retrieved January 17, 2017.