Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Nintendo & NIWA News|
|What's happening at Nintendo & NIWA
- June 16, 2015 - Among the games shown off during the Nintendo Digital Event at E3 include Star Fox Zero (holiday 2015), Skylanders SuperChargers (September 20, 2015), The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (fall 2015), Hyrule Warriors Legends (first quarter 2016), Metroid Prime: Federation Force (2016), Fire Emblem Fates (2016), Genei Ibun Roku #FE (2016), Xenoblade Chronicles X (Dec. 4, 2015), Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Sept. 25, 2015), Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival (holiday 2015), Yoshi's Woolly World (Oct. 16, 2015), Yo-kai Watch (holiday 2015), Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (spring 2016), Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (holiday 2015), and Super Mario Maker (Sep. 11, 2015)
- May 30, 2015 - Splatoon was released in Japan on May 28, 2015, Europe and North America on May 29, and in Australia on May 30.
- May 13, 2015 - Nintendo have announced their general E3 2015 plans, including another Nintendo Digital Event, another "Treehouse Live @ E3" livestream, and the return of the Nintendo World Championships.
- November 21th, 2014 - Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been released worldwide (except Europe) and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U has been released in North America! Europe receives both games November 28th and Australia receives the latest Smash Bros. game the 29th.
- November 16th, 2014 - It is legendary game developer Shigeru Miyamoto's 62nd birthday!
- October 6th, 2014 - The latest system update for the Nintendo 3DS brings with it a new feature: themes! You can now customize your Home screen with five different background themes or buy themes based on popular Nintendo games!
- October 3rd, 2014 - Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS has been released for North America, Europe, and Australia! The Wii U version of the fourth entry in the Super Smash Bros. series will be released in North America November 21!
- January 17th, 2014 - The Hard Drop Tetris Wiki, a Hard Drop project becomes the 22nd member of NIWA!
- September 19th, 2013 - Hiroshi Yamauchi, the third president of Nintendo renowned for transforming Nintendo into a multi-billion dollar video game company, has passed away—how sad. Rest in peace. Your efforts will always be remembered.
- August 16th, 2013 - WiKirby has moved! For the next few weeks, you'll find the wiki about Kirby at ! Be sure to update your bookmarks!
- July 26th, 2013 - Pikmin 3 has been released in Europe and Australia, and is coming to North America on August 4th! Check out [pikipedia:|Pikipedia]] for all the latest news and info!
- January 23rd, 2013 - In the latest Nintendo Direct, Satoru Iwata announced several new Wii U titles which will be showcased at E3 2012, including an original Zelda title and a remake of The Wind Waker, a Mario Kart and 3D Super Mario game, Yarn Yoshi, Wii U Party, and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.
- January 10th, 2013 - Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are announced. These new games, developed for the 3DS, mark the Pokémon series' 6th Generation and first adventure in a 3D environment (contrary to traditional RPG top-down views). The games have an October release worldwide.
- November 8th, 2012 - The Wii U is released in Japan, with the latter being the final region for selling the Wii U thus far.
- November 30th, 2012 - The Wii U is released in Europe.
- November 27th, 2012 - The Wii Mini has been announced as a redesign to the Wii Family Edition which will be exclusively released on December 7, 2012 in Canada.
- November 22nd, 2012 - Pilotwings Resort is released digitally on Nintendo eShop.
- November 18th, 2012 - The Wii U is released in North America!
- November 16th, 2012 - Mario, Zelda & Pikmin creator Shigeru Miyamoto celebrates his 60th birthday.
- September 14th, 2012 - F-Zero Wiki's parent site Mute City launches their own forums. Please check them out here.
- March 30th, 2012 - NIWA welcomes its 21st member (and the final member of the 5th wave), Dragon Quest Wiki! Although not a first or second party franchise, the Dragon Quest series by Square Enix has had some of its games published by Nintendo outside of Japan, as well as being primarily developed for Nintendo consoles. It has seen cross-overs with the Super Mario franchise in the games Itadaki Street DS and Fortune Street.
- March 23rd, 2012 - NIWA welcomes its 20th member (and the 2nd member of the 5th wave), Icaruspedia! Coinciding with its induction, Kid Icarus: Uprising has been released in Europe and North America, making it the first game to be added to the Kid Icarus franchise since 1992's Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters. Its main character, Pit, was last seen in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- March 16th, 2012 - NIWA welcomes its 19th member (and the 1st member of the 5th wave), F-Zero Wiki!
- May 29, 2011 - Pikmin Fanon have officially affiliated with Fantendo! Go there for more Fanon awesomeness!
- May 26th, 2011: Via Community Consensus, Lylat Wiki's the merger with Arwingpedia was declared as over.
- April 28th, 2011: A new Wiki has arrived! Starfy Wiki is added as the 18th Wiki of NIWA.
- April 20th, 2011: Fire Emblem Wiki is added as the 17th Wiki of NIWA.
- March 20th, 2011: WiKirby Founder & Current Owner, Axiomist, along with friend to all NIWA Wiki's, has passed away. Please read this article on Zelda Informer for more information.
- February 23rd, 2011 - Lylat Wiki celebrates it's first year!
- February 14th, 2011
- January 31st, 2011 - Metroid Wiki celebrates 800 Articles! Congratulations!
- Janurary 27th, 2011 - Metroid Wiki celebrates it first Anniversary!
- Janurary 24th, 2011 - WiKirby celebrates it first Anniversary!
- Janurary 1st, 2011 - Animal Crossing Wiki has moved / renamed itself to Nookipedia, and Has revealed it's new skin!
- December 26th, 2010 - WikiBound has revealed it's new skin. Come check out Claus and Lucas in this awsome version of Monobook.
- December 21st, 2010 - Metroid Wiki is back online after a two week hiatus
- December 10th, 2010 - We have been officially revealed and have joined NIWA!
- November 30th, 2010 - NIWA welcomes Golden Sun Universe as a member.
- August 7, 2010-Wars Wiki update- fellow NIWA member covering the Advance Wars, Battalion Wars, Game Boy Wars, and Famicom Wars series has a great new Main Page! Check it out and inform everyone everywhere of how great the NIWA wikis look!
- July 16, 2010-Affiliate News Unseen64 and Animal Crossing Forums have affiliated with WiKirby! Unseen64 has long ago placed WiKirby links to all Kirby beta content articles. Be sure to check them out at Unseen64.net Animal Crossing Forums is a new site with much promise, get to know them at Animal Crossing Forums!
- 4th July 2010: Metroid Wiki just passed the 400 article page mark. Thanks to all of our editors who have contributed thus far, but remember, there's still heaps to be done including pages to be created and stubs to be expanded upon.