Cover artwork of 1-2-Switch
|March 3, 2017
|December 1, 2017
1-2-Switch (alternatively rendered 1, 2, Switch) is a party game and launch title for the Nintendo Switch. Similar to Wii Sports and Nintendo Land, 1-2-Switch comes with a set of games designed to take advantage and show off the unique capabilities of the Nintendo Switch.
A face-to-face party like no other!
Throw an impromptu party anywhere with anyone thanks to a new play style in which players look at each other—not the screen! Bring the action and fun into the real world as you face off in wild-west duels, cow-milking competitions, a copycat dance-off, and more. Each game takes advantage of the Joy-Con controller features of the Nintendo Switch system in different ways. While the action unfolds off- screen, the audience watches the players themselves instead of the screen. That makes it as hilarious to watch as it is to play – an instant party amplifier!
- Face-to-Face Play – Look at your friends rather than the screen as you compete in a new style of video game party full of fast and fun face-to-face games. Stare down your opponent in a wild-west duel, mimic your opponent's poses in a copycat dance-off, or rally for victory in a heated table tennis face-off.
- Anywhere with anyone – Bring fun and surprise to barbecues, house parties, or wherever you travel by using the built-in stand of the Nintendo Switch system. The Nintendo Switch system comes bundled with a pair of Joy-Con controllers, allowing the party to start with just one system and the game for instant multiplayer fun.
- Intuitive and simple controls using Joy-Con features – Simple rules make it easy for anyone to play and fun for everyone to watch. Each player holds a single Joy-Con, and different games use different controller features, such as motion control, HD rumble, or the IR Motion Camera.
A Face-to-Face party like no other!
Throw an impromptu party anywhere with anyone thanks to a new play style in which players look at each other–not the screen! Bring the action and fun into the real world as you face off in wild-west duels, cow-milking competitions, a copycat dance-off, and more. Each game takes advantage of the Joy-Con controller features of the Nintendo Switch system in different ways. While the action unfolds off-screen, the audience watches the players themselves instead of the screen. That makes it as hilarious to watch as it is to play–an instant party amplifier!
1-2-Switch is a 2-player game in which each player uses one of the system's two Joy-Con controllers, and is primarily played by facing the other player rather than a screen.
The game features a number of minigames to play:
- Quick Draw - Both players attempt to draw their Joy-Con to an appropriate position and "fire" by pushing the L or R button as fast as they can; the fastest player is the winner.
- Milk - Both players must milk by pulling down on the Joy-Con and pressing the SL and SR buttons. The player who fills the most buckets is the winner.
- Copy Dance - One player performs a motion, while the other player must copy that motion in time with the music. The players' scores are based on their accuracy.
- Samurai Training - One player swings the Joy-Con like a sword, while the other player must attempt to "catch" the sword by clapping their hand on the Joy-Con, in an alternating order (the first player to swing is randomly determined) until one player fails to catch the sword.
- Table Tennis - Both players swing their Joy-Cons like paddles, listing to audio cues in order to hit the ball back at their opponent. Pressing ZL or ZR smashes the ball, while L or R lobs it.
- Eating Contest - Players take turns holding Joy-Con R with the camera facing the player's mouth a short distance away, and must make biting motions to eat as many sandwiches as possible within ten seconds.
Nintendo Switch Game Card
|Input / compatible controllers
|October 31, 2017
|Adds video capture compatibility.