NintendoWiki talk:Community portal
What classes as third party game here in terms of those with Nintendo IP?
I know some of these (Mario, Pokémon third party) are on other sites listed as published by Nintendo but currently can't find solid proof (such as a Nintendo website advertising it, game manual attribution in credits, or things that definitively deduce they were published by them). Some have copyright notices of Nintendo however (an example being Undake30 Same Game Daisakusen Mario Version however unsure about this one. Should these get pages too? Torchickens (talk) 19:27, 11 July 2019 (UTC)
- Candence of Hyrule I think is a good recent example. A third-party game, where Nintendo licensed their characters to be used, but Nintendo otherwise had no real involvement (I think?). If they have Nintendo content and are officially acknowledged by Nintendo, then the game should get a page and only cover the Nintendo content, imo. Alex95 (talk) 16:48, 12 July 2019 (UTC)
Regarding three official English names for Japan-only titles
- Kirby no KiraKira Kizzu - On this list it was referred to as "Kirby's Super Star Stacker"
- Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru - On a Smash 4 picture of the day, it was called "The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls"
- Nazo no Murasame Jou - Officially available on Nintendo 3DS eShop as "The Mysterious Murasame Castle"
- Sorry for the delayed response. Those all sound reasonable, if you haven't done so already. Tacopill (Talk) 00:50, 13 October 2019 (UTC)
- OK, thanks Tacopill! :) From Evie (Torchickens) ✿ 14:18, 14 October 2019 (UTC)
Should some of our articles be merged? (per NintendoWiki:Coverage) I notice Ball has the DSiWare version and other variations in one article, but some articles have the other versions e.g. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX covered in their own articles (though I'm the one who started some of those articles). I'm sorry if this wasn't allowed and will merge them if so. Also we maybe need to clarify more on what is a port and what is a remake, because some games may only be graphically different, while some (e.g. Pokémon Yellow Version and Pokémon Crystal Version add new features). Thanks. From Evie (Torchickens) ✿ 17:01, 1 June 2020 (UTC)
- ^ Some other relevant articles: Tetris Attack (SNES) and Tetris Attack (Game Boy) - probably should be merged as they originally were?
Touch de Oboeru Hyakunin-Isshu: Chotto DSi Shigureden and Touch de Tanoshimu Hyakunin-Isshu: DS Shigureden (and other "A Little Bit of..." games). A Little Bit of... Dr. Mario was redirected to Dr. Mario Express.From Evie (Torchickens) ✿ 17:05, 1 June 2020 (UTC)
- Never mind, sorry, I'll merge the ones that are ports without notable additional content as the coverage says. From Evie (Torchickens) ✿ 17:11, 1 June 2020 (UTC)
I was thinking maybe like Bulbapedia we could have NintendoWiki project templates and portals, like "Project Games", "Project Toys", "Project Staff". What do we think? From Evie (Torchickens) ✿ 19:58, 21 August 2020 (UTC)