Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
|This article is a short summary of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.|
Super Mario Wiki features a more in-depth article.
|Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle|
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a turn-based strategy game and crossover between the Super Mario series and Ubisoft's Raving Rabbids series. The game was released for Nintendo Switch in August 2017.
This is the story of an unexpected encounter between Mario and the irreverent Rabbids. The Mushroom Kingdom has been torn apart by a mysterious vortex, transporting the Rabbids into the once-peaceful area, splintering this beloved land. To bring order back to the Kingdom, Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Yoshi team up with Rabbids heroes in a journey through four different worlds.
Join these eight heroes to explore a new world twisted by the mischievous Rabbids, filled with secrets and nods to classic Mario games! Outwit unpredictable enemies in dynamic turn-based combat and co-op challenges, and solve puzzles along the way. Discover a feel-good and modern combat adventure designed exclusively for the Nintendo Switch™ system, playable anywhere, anytime, with anyone.
Mario + Rabbids® Kingdom Battle will be available exclusively for Nintendo Switch on August 29, 2017.
An epic journey starring 8 heroes
- Embark with your team of heroes on an epic quest to free your friends and put the Mushroom Kingdom back in order!
- Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi will join forces with four Rabbids heroes, each with their own unique personalities: boastful Rabbid Mario, fearful Rabbid Luigi, sassy Rabbid Peach, and off-his-rocker Rabbid Yoshi.
- Explore four iconic worlds filled with chests and secrets, solve puzzles, and defeat unpredictable enemies on the battlefield.
A crazy tactical adventure
- Mario and his friends will use never-before-seen weapons to engage in combat with their foes. With an arsenal of more than 250 weapons with unique statistics and specificities, players will choose how best to equip each of their eight heroes.
- Turn-based gameplay allows players to take the time they need to position their heroes and unleash their actions.
- Play additional co-op challenges with a friend in local multiplayer, featuring three levels of difficulty. Share a pair of Joy-Con™ controllers or use your Nintendo Switch™ Pro Controllers.
A fresh Mario experience
- Discover the Mushroom Kingdom like you never have before — twisted by the mischievous Rabbids!
- Experience a feel-good adventure filled with humor, epic music, vibrant animation, and colorful visuals, powered by the Snowdrop™ engine.
Designed for Nintendo Switch
- A game as appealing in handheld mode as on your TV screen.
- Play everywhere, and even on the go, thanks to short game sessions.
- Unlock new in-game features with your amiibo™ figures.
Two worlds collide in Mario + Rabbids® Kingdom Battle!
The Mushroom Kingdom has been torn apart by a mysterious vortex, transporting the chaotic Rabbids into this once-peaceful land. To restore order, Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Yoshi must team up with a whole new crew: foru Rabbids heroes! Together, they will battle with weapons through four worlds filled with combat, puzzles, and unpredictable enemies.
Developed exclusively for the Nintendo Switch™ system, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is the best of the Mario and Rabbids franchises, combining all that you love about Mario's iconic universe with the side-splitting antics of the Rabbids.
Mario & Rabbids universes collide in this new adventure that combines the best of these two worlds!
Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Yoshi join forces with four Rabbids heroes with their own unique personalities.
Easy to play, difficult to master. Solo and co-op turn-based combat is a fresh gameplay experience.
Battle with an arsenal of weapons through four new worlds filled with enemies, puzzles, and humorous fun!
Pick up and play anywhere exclusively on the Nintendo Switch system, even on the go.
The game starts in the workshop of a Super Mario fan who is working on an invention called the "SupaMerge", a device worn like a visor that can fuse any two objects together. As she tests the device again with her assistant, Beep-O, it overheats, and she decides to take a break from working on the project. As she leaves, the Rabbids suddenly arrive in their Time Washing Machine, one of them picking up the SupaMerge. As the Rabbids cause chaos, the Rabbid wearing the headset starts merging various objects with the other Rabbids, which causes the washing machine to start malfunctioning. The machine sucks up the Rabbids and teleports them away.
Meanwhile, at Princess Peach's Castle in the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, and many Toads are attending the unveiling of a statue of Peach when a portal opens in the sky over the kingdom that starts sucking up the surrounding area, including the characters. After Mario lands and meets Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Peach, the group must team up with their Rabbid counterparts to find the Rabbid merged with the SupaMerge and return the world to normal.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle combines overworld exploration with turn-based combat. Rather than control characters directly, players instead control a new character named Beep-O, who leads the party on the overworld and is used to direct them in combat. The player's party consists of three members, one of which must be a Rabbid, and Mario cannot be swapped out of the party.
|align="center"|Version Number||Date Released||Description|
|align="center"|1.1.384237||August 29, 2017||Skill Trees can be reset for free; Tactical Camera now displays the Deployable Info Card; improves boss AI; fixes collision issues with exploration phase gameplay; minor gameplay glitch fixes, adds the ability to select supported languages when the game is launched the first time; allows players to select story mode and supported languages on the main menu; adds Additional Contents option to the main menu; adds Russian, Traditional and Simplified Chinese to supported languages; updates 2D weapon icons; improves level of detail during exploration phase; the rewards board after battle is now 3D and feedback has been improved; improves technics detail during battle; adds a cutscene after completing the main game; adds a cutscene after clearing the game 100% and returning to Peach's castle; game stability, audio, UI, and localization updates.|
|align="center"|1.2.400297||October 16, 2017||Adds compatibility with the Ultra Challenge Pack; adds DLC content progression for save slots; adds the option to select normal and DLC co-op in the Buddy Dome, fixes an issue that causes the game to hang on a black screen for around five minutes when unconnected to a network; fixes an issue that causes the game to freeze for a few seconds every thirty minutes when the player's account is linked with a Nintendo Account; fixes an issue that causes players to be unable to return through a pipe after collecting a chest in World 4-5; fixes an issue that causes players to be unable to pick up a relic from the correct pedestal in World 3; fixes an issue that causes Rabbid Mario's ice ball to not break the wall and trigger a cutscene in World 2 Chapter 3; fixes an issue that causes Beep-O to clip through the ground during Chapter 6; fixes an issue that causes players to be stuck in the puzzle area when revisiting Chapter 4 to unlock the secret chapter; fixes an issue that causes two enemies to share the same cell while playing challenges.|
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle features a season pass made available for purchase on launch day that allows players to pre-purchase three waves of additional content:
- Steampunk Pack (August 29, 2017) - Includes a set of steampunk-inspired weapons. This pack can only be obtained by purchasing the season pass.
- Pixel Pack (October 4, 2017) - Includes a set of pixel-inspired wapons.
- Ultra Challenge Pack (October 17, 2017) - Includes eight new challenge maps and five new co-op maps.
- 2018 - New story content.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle on other NIWA Wikis:
- Ubisoftのキャラクター「ラビッツ」がマリオとコラボ！？ 『マリオ＋ラビッツ キングダムバトル』がNintendo Switchで発売決定！. nintendo.co.jp (June 13, 2017). Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Switch and Play 게임 생활을 보다 액티브하게! 한국닌텐도, 「Nintendo Switch™」 12월 1일 국내 정식 발매 결정. Nintendo of Korea (September 20, 2017). Retrieved September 20, 2017.
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: E3 2017 Announcement Trailer | Ubisoft [US]. Ubisoft US (YouTube; June 12, 2017). Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- The Nintendo Switch journey comes to E3 to reveal new worlds for Mario's Odyssey. Nintendo Australia. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- マリオ＋ラビッツ キングダムバトル [Nintendo Direct 2017.9.14]. Nintendo 公式チャンネル (September 13, 2017). Retrieved September 13, 2017.
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - Intro & Opening Cutscene (1080p Nintendo Switch). GameXplain (YouTube; August 25, 2017). Retrieved August 26, 2017.
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Demonstration - Nintendo E3 2017. Nintendo (YouTube; June 13, 2017). Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Software updates. Perfectly Nintendo (August 29, 2017). Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- Title Update 1 for Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. Ubisoft Support. Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- Patch Notes - DLC & Bug Fixes. Ubisoft Forums (October 16, 2017). Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Post-Launch Details. UbiBlog (August 23, 2017). Retrieved August 23, 2017.