|Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Zeruda Musō Yakusai no Mokushiroku
North American box art
||November 20, 2020
©KOEI TECMO GAMES
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a hack-and-slash game in The Legend of Zelda series, released for Nintendo Switch in November 2020. Developed in collaboration between Nintendo and Koei Tecmo's Omega Force team, the game is a follow-up to Hyrule Warriors and a spin-off of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, crossing over the world and characters of Breath of the Wild with the gameplay of Koei Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors franchise.
|Nintendo website / Nintendo eShop
See Hyrule 100 years before the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game and experience the events of the Great Calamity
Join the struggle that brought Hyrule to its knees. Learn more about Zelda, the four Champions, the King of Hyrule and more through dramatic cutscenes as they try to save the kingdom from Calamity. The Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity game is the only way to firsthand see what happened 100 years ago.
- Battle hordes of Hyrule's most formidable foes -
From barbaric Bokoblins to towering Lynels, Ganon's troops have emerged in droves. Playable heroes like Link, Zelda and more must use their distinct abilities to carve through hundreds of enemies to save Hyrule from the impending Calamity
Age of Calamity is set 100 years before the events of Breath of the Wild, during the war known as the Great Calamity between the forces of Hyrule and Calamity Ganon.
Similar to the previous Hyrule Warriors game, Age of Calamity is based upon the gameplay of the Dynasty Warriors series, in which players battle large forces of enemies with combo-based attacks.
A demo version of Age of Calamity was released on the Nintendo eShop on October 28, 2020, which requires 1.3 GB of available space to download.
The demo allows players to play through the first chapter of the game. Save data from the demo version can be transferred to the full game.
||November 19, 2020
||Adds Spanish language audio, bug fixes.
||May 20, 2021
||Adds the option to access the Nintendo eShop and purchase the Expansion Pass from in-game, adjustments to the English and Dutch language audio.
An Expansion Pass for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity was announced during the Nintendo Direct on February 17, 2021, and was made available for purchase on the same day. The Expansion Pass grants players access to two waves of additional content as they release:
- Purchase Bonus (May 28, 2021): Includes the Ancient Short Sword weapon and Prototype Ancient Helm, Cuirass, and Greaves as a costume for Link.
- Pulse of the Ancients (June 18, 2021): Includes the Battle-Tested Guardian as a playable character, the Flail weapon for Link, the Master Cycle weapon for Zelda, additional challenge battles at the Royal Ancient Tech Lab, the "Apocolyptic" difficulty setting, and more powerful enemies.
- Guardian of Remembrance (November 2021): Includes additional playable characters, new stages, new character vignettes, and additional battle skills for characters.
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity on other NIWA Wikis:
- ↑ Official Japanese website (Koei Tecmo)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - A story 100 years before The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Nintendo (YouTube; September 8, 2020). Retrieved September 8, 2020.
- ↑ Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase | October 2020. Nintendo (YouTube; October 28, 2020). Retrieved November 1, 2020.
- ↑ Splatoon 3 heads to new, unsplatted territory when it launches on Nintendo Switch in 2022. Nintendo (February 17, 2021). Retrieved June 15, 2021.
- ↑ Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity – Expansion Pass Announcement Trailer – Nintendo Switch. Nintendo (YouTube; February 17, 2021). Retrieved June 15, 2021.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Expansion Pass Wave 1 – Pulse of the Ancients. Nintendo (YouTube; June 15, 2021. Retrieved June 15, 2021.