|This article is outdated. You can help NintendoWiki.
Kazumi Totaka (戸高 一生) is a Japanese video game composer, active since 1991 who worked as a composer for the soundtrack of various Nintendo games such as Mario Paint and Animal Crossing. He also voices Yoshi from the Super Mario series and was the director for Wii Music. Asuka Ohta was an assistant of Kazumi Totaka.
- Dōbutsu no Mori
- Animal Crossing
- Animal Crossing: City Folk
- Animal Crossing: Wild World
- F-1 Race
- For the Frog the Bell Tolls
- Healthy Recipe Assistant 1000: DS Menu Anthology
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening/DX
- Luigi's Mansion
- Mario Artist: Talent Studio
- Mario Paint
- Nintendo 3DS hardware/built-in software
- Pikmin 2
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
- Tetris & Dr. Mario
- Virtual Boy Wario Land
- Wave Race 64
- Wii (menus)
- Wii Music
- Wii Sports
- Yoshi's Story
- Yoshi Touch & Go
Within most games that Totaka has composed for is a short tune known as "Totaka's Song", referred to as the "Mario Paint" song prior to the discovery of the K.K. song in Animal Crossing and the song's first appearance in X. The song is usually featured as an easter egg that can be heard by waiting in certain parts of a game.
|How to find
|Waiting on a fake Dr. Yamano scientist scene in Mission 4 for a few moments causes the music to change to Totaka's song.
|Clicking on the 'O' on the title screen causes the letter to turn into a bomb and explode, stopping the music and causing Kazumi Totaka's song to play a few seconds later.
|Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru
|After the gold rush quest, and using the Mammoth to donate gold to the port town, the player will be escorted back to the second village. However, if the player decides to later return to the port town a mansion will have appeared there. If the player waits in this building for a few minutes, the music will temporarily stop and Totaka's song will play there before the normal song starts looping again. The player must not have completed the fourth castle visit and rescued Princess Tiramisu otherwise the building will be blocked off and a new file must be started.
|Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
|If the player gets a game over and waits on the game over screen for a few minutes, the music will eventually stop and Totaka's song will play before looping again.
|The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening / DX
|Virtual Boy Wario Land
|After watching the credits, waiting on the "END" screen for 1 minute and 15 seconds will trigger Kasumi Totaka's song.
|Waiting on the Trial Mode stage select screen for a while will trigger Kasumi Totaka's song.
|Mario Artist: Talent Studio
|Totaka's song is one of the tracks which can be used in players' animations.
|Animal Crossing series
|Near the beginning of the game, if the player waits at the controller configuration screen for 3 minutes and 25 seconds, Totaka's song will play..
|Yoshi Touch & Go
|In the mountainous areas where wind is blowing if the player waits for several minutes Totaka's Song will play. This can be achieved by leaving the game paused.
|After the player saves the fake doctor from the planet Mapate and brings him to the base on Mordarl, the player's support robot VIX-529 will talk with the player. When VIX-529 asks 'What's that?' if the player leaves the game on this scene for several minutes Totaka's Song will eventually play.
|Yoshi's New Island
|Once the player reaches World 6, they must stay on the world map for six minutes before the song starts playing.
|Mario Kart 8 / Deluxe
|In courses with Yoshis on the sidelines, one Yoshi will be humming Totaka's song, which will only become audible when the player drives up to them. The Yoshi that sings the song is random.
- Youtube - X (エックス Ekkusu) - Kazumi Totaka's Song by 1983parrothead
- Youtube - Mario Paint - Totaka's Song by Icephoenix12345
- Youtube - Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru - Totaka's Song by Stafy
- Youtube - Super Mario Land 2: Totaka's Song by DennisSMWHacker
- Youtube - Totaka's Song: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening by rj8blch2
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening at The Cutting Room Floor
- Youtube - K.K. Song AKA Totaka's song Animal Crossing: City Folk by bloodyaftertaste
- Youtube - Totaka's Song - Luigi's Mansion by rj8blch2
- Pikmin 2: Totaka's Song Easter Egg when entering a cave/sublevel without a memory card. Quote Balrog (YouTube; January 3, 2019). Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- Yoshi's Touch & Go - Totaka's Song by tutajkk
- Youtube - Totaka's Song in X-Scape by Pyro873
|Related NIWA Wiki