Game Boy Camera
The Game Boy Camera (Japanese: ポケットカメラ Pocket Camera) is a basic image-capturing device (technically software using the basis of a Game Pak with the addition of a camera) that allows Game Boy users to view, take, edit, and store monochrome images using a Game Boy, Game Boy Color, or Game Boy Advance. It was developed by Nintendo, with Pokémon stamps by Game Freak/Creatures, Inc.. The peripheral came with built-in editing software and four bonus games. The unit was available in several different colors.
The Game Boy Camera was released in 1998 alongside the Game Boy Printer, which allowed hard copies of captured and edited images to be printed.
The Game Boy Funtography Pak was a pack-in with the Game Boy Pocket, a Game Boy Camera and a slip case. Red, green and yellow versions (of the Game Boy and Camera) were available.
Turn any Game Boy system into a digital camera! With this accessory, you can shoot photos, doodle on them, add stamps and even send them to a friend with another Game Boy Camera!
- Shoot, save and edit 30 different snapshots.
- Arrange your shots into animated sequences.
- Trick Lens mode lets you flip, stretch, zoom, split the screen, and more.
- Panorama mode shoots both tall and wide formats.
- Use the Self Timer and Time Lapse modes to take shots not possible with a standard camera.
- Includes 4 min-games: Space Fever II, Ball, D.J. and Run! Run! Run! You can even put your face into a game!
- Store up to 30 photos to the camera's memory
- Rotatable camera lens
- Adjustable brightness, contrast, dither
- Invert viewfinder horizontally or vertically
- Built-in photo timer
- Create a panorama image
- Combine two or more images, either merged or in a split-screen
- Create an "animation" from several photos
- Add captions to saved album photos
- View saved photos in a slide show
- Photo editing tools allow users to "doodle" on saved pictures
- Add a user's photo to one of four mini-games
- Use the Super Game Boy accessory to videotape animations and slideshows
- Print photos with the Game Boy Printer
- Trade photos with other players using a Game Link Cable
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Game Boy Camera edition: A United States-only version of the Game Boy Camera with The Legend of Zelda series stamps.
- CoroCoro Comics Pocket Camera edition: A Japan-only version of the Game Boy Camera with Bakuso Kyodai Let's & Go!! MAX and Gakkyuu Ou Yamazaki stamps. Data from it can be hacked in by changing a few bytes in the save file of a regular Japanese Game Boy Camera.
- Hello Kitty Pocket Camera: A cancelled Hello Kitty and other Sanrio characters-themed Game Boy Camera, which is significantly different to the other variations with its own unique minigames and features.
- The concept of shooting faces was revisited in Face Raiders; a built-in game for Nintendo 3DS; a console which also has the Nintendo 3DS Camera.