|Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Faiā Emuburemu Fuukasetsugetsu
||July 26, 2019
|©2019 Nintendo / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS. Co-developed by KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.
Fire Emblem: Three Houses is a strategy RPG in the Fire Emblem series, released for the Nintendo Switch in July 2019. This game marks the first title in the series to be released for a home console since Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the Wii.
Three Houses is set on the continent of Fódlan, which is the home of three kingdoms: the Adrestian Empire, the Kingdom of Faerghus, and the Leicester Alliance. While these kingdoms were engulfed in war long ago, they now exist in relative harmony with one another.
The player starts as an avatar character, who is a member of their father Jeralt's mercenary group. After a strange incident, the group arrives at the Gerrag Mach Monestary, operated by the Church of Seiros, who offer the avatar a teaching position at the Officer's Academy. The avatar also begins to see visions of a mysterious girl named Sothis.
Three Houses retains the grid-based strategy gameplay of past Fire Emblem titles, in which players direct their units into battle against enemies. Unique to this game is that each unit fights alongside a small squad of soldiers that assist them in battle. Unlike in Fire Emblem Fates and Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, weapons once again have a limited number of uses.
Similar to Shadows of Valentia, Three Houses features segments in which the player character can freely travel across an overworld and interact with other characters.
A main series Fire Emblem title was originally announced to be in development for the Nintendo Switch during the Fire Emblem Direct in January 2017, with a planned release in 2018. The first trailer for the game was shown at E3 2018, during which it was announced that the game would release in spring 2019. The game was later shown again during the Nintendo Direct on February 13, 2019, which revealed the final release date of July 26, delayed once again from the spring release window.
According to Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia director Kenta Nakanishi, developing a game for the Nintendo Switch home console allowed the team to "offer a completely different Fire Emblem, breathing life into our characters like never before."
||July 26, 2019
||Adds an option to access the Nintendo eShop to the title screen menu, adds the option to change Byleth's outfit in the Personal Quarters, gameplay fixes.
||September 10, 2019
||Adds compatibility with the first wave of Expansion Pass content, adds the Maddening difficulty option, increased the Renown bonus obtained for starting New Game+, adds the Goddess Tower scenes to the Event Gallery, replaces the English voice clips for male Byleth.
||November 8, 2019
||Adds compatibility with the second wave of Expansion Pass content, increased the number of save files to 25, adds additional units to the Part II: Crimson Flower route, adds options to change characters' in-battle appearances and hide the UI in the Unit Appearance menu, adds the Korean opening movie when playing the game with the system language set to Korean, bug fixes and gameplay adjustments.
||December 19, 2019
||Adds the Sothis Regalia outfit for Byleth as part of the Expansion Pass.
||February 13, 2020
||Adds compatibility with the fourth wave of Expansion Pass content, adds the Dancer Ensemble costume for Byleth, adds the ability to change unit appearances from the activity selection screen, adds the ability to change the appearances of all characters at once in the Unit Appearance menu, adds the ability to return Lost Items to Rhea and invite her for Tea Time, bug fixes and gameplay adjustments.
The Fire Emblem: Three Houses Expansion Pass was made available four purchase alongside the release of the game, granting access to waves of additional downloadable content as it released. These contents are not available to purchase individually.
The additional contents included in this pack were released in four main "waves":
- Wave 1 (July 26, 2019) - Includes the Academy Uniform costume for both versions of Byleth.
- Wave 2 (September 10, 2019) - Includes items to increase characters' stats, additional auxiliary battles, and additional character costumes.
- Wave 3 (November 7, 2019) - Includes Anna as a new playable character, additional quests, the Sauna facility,
- Sothis Regalia (December 19, 2020) - Includes the Sothis Regalia costume for both versions of Byleth.
- Wave 4 (February 12, 2020) - Includes the Cindered Shadows side story, new playable characters, the Abyss as a new explorable location, additional quests, activities, and supports, and new classes.
Fire Emblem: Three Houses on other NIWA Wikis:
- ↑ Nintendo Direct - 02.13.19. Nintendo. Retrieved February 13, 2019.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Direct 2.13.2019 - Nintendo Switch. Nintendo (YouTube; February 13, 2019). Retrieved February 13, 2019.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Fire Emblem Three Houses - Official Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018. Nintendo (YouTube; June 12, 2018). Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Fire Emblem Direct 2.18.2017. Nintendo (YouTube; January 18, 2017). Retrieved February 20, 2017.
- ↑ Fire Emblem: Three Houses revealed for Nintendo Switch. RPG Site (June 12, 2018). Retrieved October 14, 2018).
- ↑ Fire Emblem Echoes : Shadows of Valentia - Rencontre avec les pères du jeu. jeuxvideo.com (May 18, 2017). Retrieved May 28, 2017.
- ↑ Switch will allow for “a completely different Fire Emblem,” will breathe life into characters “like never before”. Nintendo Everything (May 28, 2017). Retrieved May 28, 2017.
- ↑ An epic adventure awaits in Fire Emblem: Three Houses! Train your students, plan your attack, and unleash your might. Nintendo (July 26, 2019). Retrieved August 25, 2021.