Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector (Japanese: ニンテンドーWi-Fi USBコネクタ) was released on November 23, 2005 in Japan. It was "powered by Buffalo Technology" (a business that would become Melco Holdings, Inc.).
This device would connect to a computer that had broadband Internet but no active Wi-Fi support, so that the Internet connection could be used for Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
A similar device was also released, known as the Nintendo Wi-Fi Network Adapter.
|Nintendo online services|
• Famicom Network System (Famicom, 1988)|
• Satellaview (Super Famicom, 1995)
• Randnet (Nintendo 64DD 1999)
• Mobile System GB (Game Boy Color/Game Boy Advance w/Mobile GB Adapter and mobile phone, 2001) • Online Nintendo GameCube gameplay (Nintendo GameCube, w/GameCube Broadband Adapter/Modem Adapter, 2002)
• Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (Wii, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo DSi XL optionally w/Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, Nintendo DS & DSi Browser, 2006)
• Nintendo Network (Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, Web, 2012/3)
• Nintendo Switch Online (2018; Nintendo Switch)
• Websites (Nintendo web browser games)