Jump to navigation Jump to search
SpotPass is a feature for the Nintendo 3DS family consoles and the Wii U. It allows the player to connect to the Internet in the background or while the system is not in use, which lets the player receive notifications about new software, updates and game information. SpotPass is also linked with StreetPass: Mii Plaza for new puzzle panels and sometimes meeting new Miis, including promotional ones of Nintendo staff.
SpotPass is the successor to the Wii's WiiConnect24.
|This article is a stub. You can help NintendoWiki by expanding it.|
|Nintendo online services|
• Famicom Network System (Famicom, 1988)|
• Satellaview (Super Famicom, 1995)
• Randnet (Nintendo 64DD 1999)
• Mobile System GB (Game Boy Color/Game Boy Advance w/Mobile GB Adapter and mobile phone, 2001) • Online Nintendo GameCube gameplay (Nintendo GameCube, w/GameCube Broadband Adapter/Modem Adapter, 2002)
• Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (Wii, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo DSi XL optionally w/Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, Nintendo DS & DSi Browser, 2006)
• Nintendo Network (Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, Web, 2012/3)
• Nintendo Switch Online (2018; Nintendo Switch)
• Websites (Nintendo web browser games)