|Pokémon Ruby version
The boxart of Pokémon Ruby
|Pokémon Sapphire Version
The boxart of Pokémon Sapphire
|March 19, 2003
|November 21, 2003
|July 25, 2003
|April 3, 2003
Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version are a pair of video games in the popular Pokémon franchise. The games were released on the Nintendo Game Boy Advance in 2003. The games were the start of the Third Generation of Pokémon. The games introduced the Hoenn region, and brought along many new Pokémon species, numbers 252 to 386.
"Immerse yourself in the beautiful region of Hoenn, a place of masterful heroes and mysterious teams, of friendship and battles. As the new kid in town, you set off your journey as a Pokémon Trainer. Who knows what wonders and dangers await you? Now it's time to grab your gear and head out on your own..."
- A restricted Pokémon Festa 2002 demo; it has modified maps and NPCs for the northern part of Route 104 and the Pretty Petal Flower Shop. Pokémon were not finalized (e.g. Sharpedo had no ability at this time).
- The original Japanese version
- The English, French, German, Italian, Spanish localizations; which fix a number of glitches such as, but not limited to: the Acro Bike land-surfing and Acro Bike game freezing/lag glitches caused by using the Acro Bike continuously in tall grass. Some censorship work was done, such as modification to the eyes of Hex Maniac's sprites to allude less to ghostly/demonic possession.
- The v1.1 revision of the Japanese version, fixes an infamous Berry glitch causing daily events to be frozen after 365 days have elapsed.
- The v1.1 revision of international versions fixes the Berry glitch but also various typos, text errors. This also includes a fix to a "save backup" error message being rendered incorrectly in the v1.0 revision where it would overlap the screen and corrupt the background and border of the text box.
- The v1.2 revision of the international versions also fixes the Berry glitch, but other changes are unknown.
|This article is a stub. You can help NintendoWiki by expanding it.