Shin Game Design
|This article is incomplete.|
You can help by filling in the missing information.
Shin Game Design (usually known in English under unofficial literal translation New Game Design), ©1995 Satoshi Tajiri (ISBN4-87025-858-7) is a book written and produced by Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of the Pokémon franchise about the process of video game creation, video game company works such as games and hardware from Nintendo, the history of Game Freak, as well as a brief mention of the upcoming Pokémon Red and Green.
This includes a summary of the game, some relatively very early prototype sprites from the game on the front cover and back cover and two close to final release prerelease screenshots with an unidentified border.
The book also includes color fold-out pages of a few games by many companies, in chronological order.
The book is valuable and has only officially been released in Japanese.
Nintendo games mentioned
- Donkey Kong (on fold-out pages and in book)
- Mario Bros. (on fold-out pages)
- Donkey Kong Jr. (on fold-out pages)
- Kirby's Dream Land
- The Legend of Zelda
- Yoshi's Island
- Super Mario World
- Mario no Picross
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Super Mario Bros. (Super Mario All-Stars version)
- Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
- Wario's Woods
- Game Boy Wars
- Yoshi (also developed by Game Freak)
- Mario & Wario (also developed by Game Freak)
- Pokémon Red and Green
Game Freak only game/merchandise mentions
Third party series with at least one Nintendo published game
- Tetris series (strategy information and hypothetical non-existing blocks)
- Dragon Quest series (Dragon Warrior, non-Nintendo published Dragon Warrior games)
Other relevant mentions
- Nintendo Entertainment System
- Super FX Chip
- Active Time Battle System
- "Side-view" concept in video games
- RGB and RF television terms
- CD-ROM concept
- Tetris inspired rotation mechanics
- Enix Co., Ltd (publishers)
- Saru Brunei
- HAL corporation
On NIWA member wikis
|This article is a stub. You can help NintendoWiki by.|